More  
I identify my Gender as
Male
What is your profession in seafood?
Other
What area is your profession engaged?
Ocean / Marine / Saltwater
Howdy!

Hola, Welkom, Привет, Salut, Vítejte, Gruß, 환영합니다, Willkommen, Hoi, नमस्ते, Nazdar, Bienvenue, Witamy, ハワイ, Hej, Živjo, 拝啓, Velkommen, Cześć, Oi, 您好, Saudações, ようこそ, Salve, مرحبا, Benvenuto, Pozdrav, Hoşgeldiniz, Hallo, Salutacions, Benvingut, הי, Saludos, Привет, Hei, Bemvindo, Hälsningar, Приветствую, Hi, Bienvenido, Välkommen, Saluto, अभिवादन, Dobrodošli, Tervetuloa, Pozdrowienia, Salutation, ברכות…

Welcome to the Association of International Seafood Professionals Forum. There are so many awesome members in our community that we think it’s important to create a space for you to share a little more about who you are and all the cool things you are up to!

Some questions you may answer to get your juices flowing…feel free to really add anything you would like to - as it relates to this thread!

• Who are you?
  • What is your industry and profession?
  • What courses have you taken, or are planning to take?
  • Have you been to any of our meetups, or events?
Let’s get this party started! 🥳🎉

Last edited:

Carlo

Developer
Content Editor
Best answers
Loyalty Points
Hi all!

Great to be here 🤙🏼

• Who are you?
    Well, actually, I am the one who developed the all-new AISP website, BlueGreen Education Platform and the BlueGreen Network. It took some time to finalise everything, but we're here. And there's much more to come.

Before doing freelance-work I worked at Apple as an IS&T Designer, this was a great position, and I met amazing people, however, I felt more like traveling around and working on projects instead of staying around in an office.

So nowadays I unleash my creativity on amazing projects

Smoltman

Best answers
Loyalty Points
Hi my name is John Holder and I am a registered professional biologist in the Province of British Columbia and I graduated from the University of Guelph in 1973. I started my aquaculture career in that same year. I have had extensive experience with land based fresh water systems dealing with Salmonids, Cichlids and numerous salt-water species including shrimp and some say I can be considered an expert in the field of RAS on land. I have worked and consulted for aquaculture companies on six continents.

Louis Landesman

Best answers
Loyalty Points
International consultant, researcher, and lecturer specializing in aquaculture and fisheries. Successfully carried out aquaculture programs in Asia, Africa, Central America and the United States. Experienced in planning and implementing projects, keeping within tight budgets; research and data collection in many scenarios; cross-cultural communication and complexities. Conducted site surveys, planning, evaluation, research and development in fish, shrimp and aquatic plant production that contributed to expanding seafood and energy production both in the US and in Asia, Europe, Africa, Central America and the Caribbean.

Specialties:

1. Planning and designing practical aquaculture programs designed for specific locations and environments
2. Developing and implementing programs of fish, shrimp and aquatic plant production
3. Training and guidance of government staff workers, farmers, and students
4. Data collection and analysis; publishing research results in books, scientific journals and reports
5. Languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Hindi

rpalmer

AISP
Content Editor
Best answers
Loyalty Points
Hi my name is John Holder and I am a registered professional biologist in the Province of British Columbia and I graduated from the University of Guelph in 1973. I started my aquaculture career in that same year. I have had extensive experience with land based fresh water systems dealing with Salmonids, Cichlids and numerous salt-water species including shrimp and some say I can be considered an expert in the field of RAS on land. I have worked and consulted for aquaculture companies on six continents.
Welcome John - lots of land based RAS on the go in your area - so you are no doubt very busy. Anytime you wish to share stories/info feel free to pass on. Are there any things we can do for your sector? We need to get this connectivity out far and wide so appreciate you connecting to your colleagues/customers etc. Opportunity to create Communities of Practice on many subjects as example of something we can assist with

rpalmer

AISP
Content Editor
Best answers
Loyalty Points
International consultant, researcher, and lecturer specializing in aquaculture and fisheries. Successfully carried out aquaculture programs in Asia, Africa, Central America and the United States. Experienced in planning and implementing projects, keeping within tight budgets; research and data collection in many scenarios; cross-cultural communication and complexities. Conducted site surveys, planning, evaluation, research and development in fish, shrimp and aquatic plant production that contributed to expanding seafood and energy production both in the US and in Asia, Europe, Africa, Central America and the Caribbean.

Specialties:

1. Planning and designing practical aquaculture programs designed for specific locations and environments
2. Developing and implementing programs of fish, shrimp and aquatic plant production
3. Training and guidance of government staff workers, farmers, and students
4. Data collection and analysis; publishing research results in books, scientific journals and reports
5. Languages: Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Hindi
Hi and welcome Louis - hope you are keeping well
Any thoughts on how we can spread the word and get more engagement - any webinar/seminar that needs to be done that isnt happening? Dont fail to let us know

Geofrey Rucho

Best answers
Loyalty Points
Greetings my fellow in the fisheries/aquaculture Industry.

By name, am Geofrey Rucho a researcher, consultant and business investment adviser with vast experience working in the academic and consultancy bureau at the Open University of Tanzania. Rucho has been involved in the development of the aquaculture industry in Tanzania for 7 years both theory and practically.
In Tanzania, currently, I works with the Aquaculture Association of Tanzania AAT an apex member based private sector organization that advocates for the growth and competitiveness of the aquaculture industry in Tanzania through promoting and supports responsible and sustainable aquaculture in the alleviation of poverty by improving livelihoods in Tanzania. Rucho also works for Lead4Tomorrow-USA (L4T) a California based NGO empowering communities in aquaculture, parenting, WASH and ICT. In Lake Victoria I leads L4T cage fish farming project aiming at empowerment of women and youth households and in Mafia district, he is leading initiative to establish commercial coastal community Sea Cucumber farms projects along the Indian Ocean coast.

I am a believer in continuous improvement and in collaboration and always striving for innovative ways to improve the aquaculture industry in Tanzania and the East Africa region. He is the current interim Secretary of East Africa Aquaculture Association, regional organization that will support and lead sharing of skills, knowledge and time to improve regional aquaculture conditions for the poor who are struggling with hunger and malnutrition.
In his 'spare time' he aims to help raise the profile and consumption of aquaculture and does that in many ways including being involved with young students, graduates and farms clubs in getting aquaculture information out but also interacting with politicians, media and consumers in strategizing on the development of aquaculture industry in East Africa.
I am also specialized in building a team of highly motivated and service-oriented individuals in the East Africa region working in production, research, training, training and on-farm technical backstopping.
For more contacts I can be reached through: -