Fisheries and Aquaculture Advisor - base in the Netherlands

MarceloHidalgo72

Best answers
Loyalty Points
Hi dear all,

My name is Marcelo Hidalgo, I am from Ecuador but since 2010 I live and work from the Netherlands.

20 years+ working in the seafood industry, mainly related to fisheries, tuna fish processing, shrimp production, aquaculture, social accountability, and sustainability. Working in major producing countries of tuna fish and seafood worldwide.

Consultancy, Training, Inspecting, and Auditing in the Seafood Industry (Aquaculture & Fisheries) - supply chain.
- Crew welfare onboard, social aspects assessment, ILO C188 implementation, and training.
- Technical support in Traceability, Chain of Custody, Quality & Processing Improvements and seafood product development.
- Developing and Implementation of different international standards used in the seafood industry; for quality, food safety, social accountability, and sustainability: GMP, SSOP, HACCP, ISO22000, BRC, SA8000, BSCI, ETI, ILOC188, code of conduct for responsible fisheries, technical guidelines for aquaculture certifications, MSC and ASC schemes.
- Seafood supply chain traceability
- Designing and developing policies in order to improve the responsible and sustainable management in fisheries and aquaculture
- Social accountability standards, regulation, and guidance implementation both on-board and land-based seafood operation

Looking forward to attend your training and meetings
Regards
Marcelo

rpalmer

AISP
Content Editor
Best answers
Loyalty Points
Hi Marcelo would be interested in your take on all the Tuna issues at the moment. Would you like to share some facts and opinions for our audience?

MarceloHidalgo72

Best answers
Loyalty Points
@rpalmer Dear Roy,
It would be a great honor to share my humble knowledge about the complex tuna industry supply chain. For questions and also to write some shorts articles.
It is weird, I did not receive any "pop up" or message in my email about this post from you Roy, do I need to active anything to receive updates from here in my email?
Happy to keep in touch
Regards
Marcelo

rpalmer

AISP
Content Editor
Best answers
Loyalty Points
Thats great Marcelo - how about a presentation on 'Tuna Industry Supply Chain' that we can video and share. This would be interesting for our Global Insight series - intro - presentation (Ppt) - discussion. Can do? How soon can you be ready - give some dates please. If you are in Netherlands then morning your time (as early as suits) would be great.

MarceloHidalgo72

Best answers
Loyalty Points
Dear Roy,

Yes, I am in for that, I can prepare it within a week. How would it be? How long would I have for the ppt (20 minutes? 30 minutes), I can start at 07:00 am Netherlands time, it would be a real-time/alive presentation?
It is my pleasure to collaborate and I am sure I can prepare a comprehensive tuna industry supply chain dynamics
Please let me know more details to agree on a date and time.
regards